NDA Stands for National Defence Academy, which is basically the joint services academy of Indian Armed Forces and armed forces of friendly foreign countries. NDA imparts training to young men, who choose the Armed Forces as their career. The candidate for the three major services, the Army, the Navy, and the Air Force have trained altogether. This is also known as the world’s first Tri-service academy. At the end of their three-year course, split into six terms, a cadet is awarded a Bachelor’s Degree from JNU, Jawaharlal Nehru University. After the completion of the course at NDA, the candidates go on to respective service academies for further pre-commissioning training. The NDA is located at Khadakwasla near Pune, Maharashtra.
- Army cadets proceed to the Indian Military Academy at Dehradun
- Naval cadets to Indian Naval Academy at Ezhimala
- Air Force cadets to the Air Force Academy at Hyderabad
After one year of training at their respective academies, cadets become commissioned officers into their respective services.
The Indian Naval Academy (INA or INA Ezhimala) is the initial officer training establishment of the Indian Navy and the Indian Coast Guard, located in Ezhimala, near Payyanur, Kannur district, Kerala. Situated between Ezhimala hill and the Kavvayi backwaters, INA has a 7 kilometre beach front on the Arabian Sea. It conducts basic training for all officers inducted into the Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard. It is the largest naval academy in Asia.
The Naval Academy (NAVAC) was established in May 1969, while its Ezhimala campus was inaugurated on 8 January 2009 and the name changed to Indian Naval Academy. It shares the 2,452 acres (9.92 km2) site with the naval base depot, INS Zamorin, and the naval hospital, INHS Navjivani.
A candidate should be one of the following:
- A citizen of India, Nepal, Bhutan, Tibetan refugee who came to India before the 01 January 1962 with the intention of settling permanently in India,
- A Person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, and Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi Zaire or Vietnam with the plan of setting permanently in India.
As per NDA eligibility criteria 2019, only unmarried male candidate between 16.5 and 19.5 years who have passed or appearing in class 12 (10+2) examination can take the test.
- For Army wing of National Defence Academy: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 Pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination
|General Ability Test (Section-1: English) written||200|
|General Ability Test (Section-2: General Knowledge) written||400|