Maj Gen Sishan Singh Chohan (Retd)
Maj Gen Sishan Singh Chohan was commissioned into the Regiment of Artillery on 21 December 1975. The General Officer was a trail blazer right from the beginning of his career as he was the best student in all the courses that he attended at School of Artillery. In the process he won the coveted Silver Gun and the Commandant’s Trophy. Subsequently, he did his Staff College Course on a competitive vacancy as well as he was declared the best student during the Senior Command course. He is also a graduate of the coveted Higher Command Course.
During his distinguished career he has held various command, staff and instructional assignments at different levels. He was instructor Class C at School of Artillery and instructor Class B at IMTRAT, Bhutan. His staff assignments include GSO 1 (Operations) and Colonel General Staff of a Divisional Headquarters besides a coveted tenure at Military Operations Directorate and as Chief of Staff of a UN Peacekeeping Mission He topped off his career as Major General in-charge Administration of an active Command Headquarters.
Besides command of a unit in High Altitude and Counter Insurgency Area, he has commanded an Artillery Brigade and an Artillery Division. As Commander Artillery, he successfully conducted field trials of ACCCS working alongside Israeli and Indian scientists, making ACCCS the most successful component of TAC C3I. During his command of the Artillery Division he is credited with operationalizing the first Smerch Regiment of the country and the first Brahmos Regiment of the world.
In the field of human resource development his notable experience includes a tenure as Commandant of the largest recruit training centre of the country dealing with training of recruits as well as personnel administration of all serving and retired personnel of the Regiment of Artillery as Officer-in-Charge Artillery Records.
The General Officer retired as MG-ic-Administration of a Command where his responsibilities included legal and personnel administration of the entire Command.
In the academic field the General holds four Post Graduate degrees viz MSc (Defence Studies), MPhil (Defence and Strategic Studies), MBA and a two year full time Diploma in Information Technology Management (PGDITM).
After retirement the General Officer has been actively involved in ESM affairs as Member Punjab Rajya Sainik Board. In addition he is also actively involved in helping the Govt of Punjab in grass roots administration as District Head of Guardians of Governance, a flagship scheme of the Govt.
As Adviser at THE WINNING EDGE, the General Officer brings on table his vast experience in operations, strategy development, team building and human resource development. Having advised many successful aspirants for Services Selection Boards and having prepared hundreds of candidates from Regiment of Artillery for a commission in the Armed Forces as Commandant Artillery Centre, his advice shall prove to be the cutting edge as a.member of THE WINNING EDGE Team.
Kusum Gandhi Vig – Founder Director (Mind Matrix Wellness Studio) Counseling Psychologist, NLP Master Coach & DMIT Consultant
Mrs. Kusum Vig is a Counseling Psychologist, Dermatoglyphic Consultant & NLP Master Coach Practitioner associated with International Coach & Trainers Association (ICTA- Cyprus & Denmark) and American Psychological Association. She holds her Master’s degree and M.Phil in Psychology and has been working in the field of Behavioral Training, Counseling, Life Coaching and Education for nearly three decades.
She is the Founder and Director of Mind Matrix Wellness Studio and is inspiring people worldwide to identify their inborn potential and personality traits with the help of Biometric and Psychometric Aptitude Assessment Report and facilitates maximizing their performance using NLP Techniques. She has also been conducting Certified NLP Coach Practitioner Trainings for personal and professional growth to Support Corporate Goals using GROW Coaching Modules, the inner Game of coaching for Leadership, sales , change management and The Timeline Change Process in overcoming the internal obstacles that keep us from being happy, enjoying life, inner peace & fulfillment.
She is the recipient of Good Karma Award by Speaking Tree (Times Internet Limited) at New Delhi, India on January 21, 2017, Life Coaching Award by All Ladies League and Women Economic Forum in May, 2016 & The Iconic Woman Award by Bhoomika Eastern on International Women’s Day. She has recently launched a forum for Women Wellness Entrepreneurs to strengthen women to be emotionally resilient and economically independent. She is working tirelessly towards the vision of creating Holistic Minds and Cosmic Citizens.
Mr Bhola Nath Sharma, Inspector General BSF (Retd)
Mr B.N.Sharma is a result oriented professional with 38 years of service in BSF having retired as Inspector General with vast operational experience on handling border security matters on Inḍo-Pak and Indo-Bangladesh borders and dealing with insurgency of Nagaland & Mizoram and militancy scenario of Punjab a Jammu & Kashmir.
Apart from his various key appointments he has been DIG Training, BSF HQ (March 2012- October 2013), mainly dealing with the key activities of:-
- Framing training policies and directives for BSF and redesigning syllabi for in- service courses based on TNA.
- Redrafting structure and syllabus for Collective training Program for units on different roles on borders and internal security.
Mr B.N.Sharma has also done the appointment of Dy Director BSF Academy (April 07- Mar-12), where he was actively involved in:-
- Planning all training activities at declared Centre of Excellence for basic and career progression in-service courses for junior, middle and senior level officers.
- Identifying training needs through mapping of skills required for different individual in commensuration with operational doctrine.
- Conceived and prepared composite indoor and outdoor exercises on operational learning in simulated environment.
- Preparation of studies on major operational incidents to identify security lapses and draw lessons for learning.
- Organising seminars and workshops on Concepts of Effective Border Management and Challenges for National Security.
- Delivering lectures in basic and in-service courses on topics like Team Building, Subordinate Development, tactical and operational issues.
Mr B.N.Sharma is B.Sc (Chemistry,Botany & Zoology) from Meerut University, and M.Sc (Defence Studies) from Madras University. Apart from various BSF and Army courses, he has undergone Defence and Security Module Program from IDSA and Leadership & Management Capsule Program from IIM Indore.
Mr B.N.Sharma has been decorated with Police Medal for Meritorious Service and awarded DG BSF & DC NCB Commendations.
His Area of Interest lies in:-
- Holding workshops and seminars on security.
- Undertake preparation of Case Studies on different operations to use them for analysis and learning.
Presently Mr B.N.Sharma is in the Advisory panel of The Winning Edge.
Colonel Lakshmi Dutt Dobhal
Colonel Lakshmi Dutt Dobhal is a revered Army Veteran. He is the first Officer to be commissioned into the Army Education Corps (AEC) from the Short Services Course in 1967. He brings with him a vast experience of Training and Coaching. An Educationist and Academician, Col Dobhal holds multiple Bachelors and Masters Degrees.
During his service in the Army he held various prestigious appointments. He was an Instructor at Officers Training School, Madras (Now Officers Training Academy, Chennai) and AEC Training College & Centre, Pachmarhi (MP). He served as a Principal of a Secondary School run by Army in Dehradun. He qualified Technical Officer’s (Psychologist’s) Course from Defence Institute of Psychological Research (DIPR) and was advisor to various Services Selection Centres. He served as the Officer in Charge of Human Resources Development Centre, HQ Northern Command for approximately four years.
Post retirement, he held the position of Principal of Modi Public School, Kota (Rajasthan) for eight years and was also in the Advisory Board of a Coaching Institute in Dehradun.
Major General Anil Kumar Shukla, Vishisht Seva Medal (Retd)
Major General Anil Kumar Shukla, Vashisht Seva Medal (Retd) is an alumni of Indian Military Academy, Dehradun and has put in over 37 years of Service in the Indian Army. He has a rich experience in management, in the domains of General Management (in the capacity of a Chief Executive Officer of operations units commanded) & Human Resource Management.
KEY MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES
- Strategy, planning & execution.
- Project management.
- Budget management.
- Leadership & team management.
- Coaching & counseling.
- Contingency planning & crisis management.
- Organizational transformation applying technology to manual processes.
- Qualified and experienced personality assessment accesser.
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Additional Director General Manpower (Planning & Policy) at Integrated Headquarters of MoD (Army): Perspective planning, framing polices for cadre management, recruitment of officers and other ranks.
- Commandant Selection Centre, Bhopal: Headed an Inter Services Organization for Selecting Officers for the Indian Army and Indian Navy.
- Commandant Rajputana Rifles Regimental Centre & Officer-in-Charge Records: Responsible for selection, training and entire career planning of more than 50,000 other ranks in more than 30 Battalions and establishments around the country.
- Director Manpower, Army Headquarters: Policy planning for recruitment, intake and career management of more than 40,000 officers of the Indian Army including perspective planning.
- Masters Degree in Defence Acquisition Management from Cranfield University,United Kingdom.
- Masters Degree in Management Studies from Osmania University.
- Masters Degree in Defence and Strategic Studies from Madras University.
- Interviewing Officers Course from the Defence Institute of Psychological Research, New Delhi (with distinction).
- Independent Directors Course from MDI Gurgaon.
- Certificate programme in Problem Solving Skills for Effective Decision Making from College of Defence Management, Secunderabad.
- Negotiation Course from Military School of Intelligence, Pune.
- BA (Hon’s) in Economics from Hansraj College, New Delhi.
- Vishisht Seva Medal.
- General Officer Commanding in Chief, Western Command Commendation Card.